Communications and Research Associate
Berman and Company is a dynamic public relations firm looking for a Communications and Research Associate to join our team working on state and local issues with the goal of advancing free-market policies. The right candidate will have a strong attention to detail, superb writing and researching skills, and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
A successful candidate will have the ability to come up with various angles to analyze data and a determination to deliver accurate and thorough research results.
This role is in-person. Local or willing-to-relocate candidates only.
- Research state and local policies, specifically regarding employment and labor issues.
- Compile research reports and provide support on a variety of projects.
- Draft compelling op-eds, letters to the editors, and other written materials.
- Identify local, state, and federal policy trends and movements.
- Help develop communications deliverables to advance our research.
- Additional communications projects on a variety of topics as needed, including generating press materials and statements.
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral.
- Experience conducting and compiling research.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and determination to accomplish goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once.
- Strong work ethic to achieve project-wide goals and benchmarks.
Ways to Stand Out
- Experience working in local, state, and/or federal policy issues and lawmaking processes.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and other issue experts in the free-market policy network.
- Examples of strong writing in public-facing communications (op-eds, etc.).
- Experience working in excel.