WORK FOR US
A fast-paced and award-winning public affairs firm that pulls no punches, Berman and Company is nationally renowned for its edgy campaigns and its savvy messaging. If you are passionate about free markets, wary of government overreach, and have a healthy skepticism of “sacred cows”–we want to talk to you.
Our office environment is exciting and entrepreneurial. If you are smart, clever, and have a strong work ethic, you will be surrounded by people with that same profile. We reward excellence and want our employees to shine with their best work. Whether you stay at the company for two years or two decades, we will teach you how to be a better public relations practitioner.
If you enjoy a working environment where each day brings a new adventure, where you work with creative people, and where you have the opportunity to learn and grow, Berman and Company might be a great fit for you.
We are currently hiring for two roles. If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to Hailey Braun. [email protected]
Positions we are currently hiring for:
Berman and Company is a dynamic, energetic, and creative company looking for someone to help keep us organized and provide high-level administrative support to our team. This role is the perfect opportunity to get early exposure to the PR world, and has potential for upward mobility in the company.
This is not a remote position. This operations associate will be the first point of contact for any visitors. This person will keep our office moving and assist on projects in a variety of public policy spaces.
One of the big job functions of the operations associate will be database management. The person for this role needs to be organized with great attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks happening at the same time. Coworkers will rely on this person to assist with various projects, which may include assignments like research, writing, mailings, travel arrangements, data entry, record keeping, or meeting planning.
What You’ll Do:
- General receptionist duties, such as greeting guests, receiving deliveries, answering multiple phone lines, mailing and shipping;
- Database management, including updating and maintaining accurate information of our clients;
- Purchasing office, kitchen and shipping supplies, keeping an inventory of what supplies we have available, ensuring the workroom and kitchen are properly stocked and tidy, tracking and monitoring supply expenses;
- Liaising with the building’s concierge desk, scheduling maintenance appointments with outside contractors;
- Assisting with meeting planning and set up;
- Assist with vetting resumes during the hiring process and aiding with new employee transitions;
- Assist the staff on projects, including everything from research, writing, record keeping, and travel arrangements.
What We Would Like to See:
- Curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Politically inclined with a belief in promoting free enterprise and limited government
- Knowledge of the suite of Microsoft products, especially Word and Excel
- Knowledge of shipping through USPS and FedEx
Ways to Stand Out:
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising industry and experience in email marketing
- Knowledge of Meltwater, Cision, or other communications tools
- Previous experience in operations associate, staff assistant, or executive assistant positions
Digital Marketing Manager
Berman and Company – dynamic, energetic, creative firm – is in search of talented candidates to fill the role of Digital Marketing Manager.
At BAC, our goal is to change the debate. The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting in planning, executing, and reporting social media, email, and digital marketing campaigns for a variety of political, non-profit, and corporate clients. Will be expected to assist in the strategy, drafting, and execution of client campaigns. Requires an understanding and experience in social media management as well as digital advertising platforms — including Sprout Social, Facebook Business/Ads Manager, Google Ads, and others as needed.
As part of the duties, the Digital Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to interface with clients, understand their needs and goals, help set content tone, strategy, as well as work with current and prospective partners to help meet their online marketing needs.
- Organizational and Project Management skills; ability to multi-task; to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills; build relationships with staff, clients, external partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Written and verbal communication skills; proofreading, editing, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability; resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently.
- Technical proficiencies.
Ways to Stand Out:
- Proven experience in similar roles with other organizations.
- Diverse portfolio of work.
- Advanced experience with Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, and other reporting interfaces is a plus.
- Knowledge of the marketing and advertising industry.