WORK WITH US
A fast-paced and award-winning public affairs firm that pulls no punches, Berman and Company is nationally renowned for its edgy campaigns and its savvy messaging. If you are passionate about free markets, wary of government overreach, and have a healthy skepticism of “sacred cows”–we want to talk to you.
Our office environment is exciting and entrepreneurial. If you are smart, clever, and have a strong work ethic, you will be surrounded by people with that same profile. We reward excellence and want our employees to shine with their best work. Whether you stay at the company for two years or two decades, we will teach you how to be a better public relations practitioner.
If you enjoy a working environment where each day brings a new adventure, where you work with creative people, and where you have the opportunity to learn and grow, Berman and Company might be a great fit for you.
We are currently hiring for two roles. If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to Keeley Hough. [email protected]
Positions we are currently hiring for:
Berman and Company is a dynamic research, communications, advertising, government affairs firm looking for a Graphic Designer to join our award-winning creative team. We blend aggressive, creative thinking with functional expertise to achieve extraordinary results for our clients.
This position would be responsible for visually translating strategies into stories across a wide spectrum of issue advocacy campaigns. They will focus on the visual design of the project and works closely with leadership, copywriters, researchers, and other creative team members to deliver unique, cross-platform solutions (print and digital). Salary will match experience and skill level.
This role is in-person. Local or willing-to-relocate candidates only.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Create innovative design solutions including graphics for issue advocacy campaigns. Key focus is concept development, branding and collateral materials for both print and digital.
- Create advertising materials that effectively communicate design concepts.
- Partner with project team members to ensure that the solutions exceed the client’s expectations.
- Create innovative and thoughtful design solutions to complex advocacy initiatives.
- Actively gain knowledge of current trends, color, technology, and other related design influences. Use knowledge and research to create innovative solutions.
- Identify and manage vendors such as photographers, illustrators, and commercial printers as needed.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines in a highly organized and detailed manners.
- Demonstrated interest in promoting the free-market, limited government, and consumer choice.
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop as well as PowerPoint.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience (internships can count).
- Experience working with print vendors a plus.
- Experience in front-end web design/development a plus.
This is not a remote position and a background in public relations or politics is preferred
Berman and Company – dynamic, energetic, and creative firm – is in search of talented candidates to fill the role of Opposition Researcher.
At BAC, our goal is to change the debate. The Opposition Researcher will be responsible for in-depth research on a wide range of topics for a variety of projects. Must be a strong researcher who can juggle multiple projects. A successful candidate will have the ability to come up with various angles of approaching the task of analyzing and digging for information, with a relentless determination to uncover all that is possible to discover.
Snapshot of the role:
- Manage ongoing research projects, with a specific focus on advocacy/opposition research.
- Draft op-eds, blogs, video scripts.
- Assist staff with copy editing or brainstorming.
- Ability to conduct advocacy/opposition research projects from beginning to end, including mapping out research roadmaps, creating summaries of findings, and transforming research into actionable products.
- Organizational and Project Management skills; ability to multitask; to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills: comfortable speaking with stakeholders, brainstorming creative ideas that may be outside the realm of research.
- Written and verbal communication skills; proofreading, editing, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability; resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently.
Ways to Stand Out:
- A background in public relations or politics.
- Experience using proprietary research databases like LexisNexis.
- Experience submitting records requests, including knowing what information to request, how to acquire it, and how to analyze the records once acquired.
- Knowledge of navigating FEC and state databases for contributions.
- Firm understanding of the current political landscape.