WORK FOR US
A fast-paced and award-winning public affairs firm that pulls no punches, Berman and Company is nationally renowned for its edgy campaigns and its savvy messaging. If you are passionate about free markets, wary of government overreach, and have a healthy skepticism of “sacred cows”–we want to talk to you.
Our office environment is exciting and entrepreneurial. If you are smart, clever, and have a strong work ethic, you will be surrounded by people with that same profile. We reward excellence and want our employees to shine with their best work. Whether you stay at the company for two years or two decades, we will teach you how to be a better public relations practitioner.
If you enjoy a working environment where each day brings a new adventure, where you work with creative people, and where you have the opportunity to learn and grow, Berman and Company might be a great fit for you.
We are currently hiring for three roles. If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to Hailey Braun. [email protected]
Positions we are currently hiring for:
Help us craft persuasive arguments designed to educate the public on client issues and translate complex public policy ideas/positions into publishable content. A good candidate will demonstrate an ability to take initiative, work independently, and multitask. Excellent writing skills are a must. Seeking a minimum 2-3 years of demonstrated prior communications experience consistent with the job responsibilities listed below. (Candidates with more experience will be considered for mid-level roles.) Responsibilities include:
- Produce influential written content including op-eds, talking points, blog/web/digital content, position papers, client memos, facts sheets, correspondence, etc.
- Conduct press outreach and schedule media interviews for radio, print, and television.
- Coordinate with the communications team on promoting client messages, ensuring accuracy, and checking facts.
- Monitor news cycles and research opposition, potential threats, and policy challenges.
- Analyze current issues and seek opportunities to promote client messages.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects, copy-edit for other writers, and customize writing for multiple audiences and outlets.
This Associate will be responsible for assisting senior researchers and staff in the execution of a variety of projects. The position requires insatiable curiosity and a knack for nailing down details or hard-to-find facts. A good candidate will demonstrate an ability to take initiative, work independently, and multitask. Seeking a minimum 2-3 years of demonstrated prior research experience consistent with the job responsibilities listed below. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting background or opposition research on client topics of interest;
- Filing records requests and engaging in other creative forms of data collection;
- Developing reports and campaign collateral based upon research findings;
- Assisting the communications team in developing op-eds and other messaging, based on research findings;
Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for assisting in planning, executing, and reporting social media, email, and digital marketing campaigns for a variety of political, non-profit, and corporate clients. The DMM will also be expected to assist in the strategy, drafting, and execution of campaigns for Berman clients. This requires an understanding and experience in social media management as well as digital advertising platforms — including Sprout Social, Facebook Business/Ads Manager, Google Ads, and others as needed.
- As part of their campaign strategy duties, the Digital Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to interface with clients, understand their needs and goals, help set content tone, strategy, as well as work with current and prospective partners to help meet their online marketing needs.
- The DMM will be responsible for assisting in content development for clients and campaigns, ranging from writing day-to-day social media content, ad copy for Google search ads, A/B testing copy in Facebook posts and campaigns, and email copy. Strong writing skills are a must.
- The DMM will be expected to analyze and report on campaign performance data, as well as answer any questions about campaign results from clients. Advanced experience with Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, and other reporting interfaces is a plus.