This is not a remote position and a background in public relations or politics is preferred.
Berman and Company – dynamic, energetic, and creative firm – is in search of talented candidates to fill the role of Opposition Researcher.
At BAC, our goal is to change the debate. The Opposition Researcher will be responsible for in-depth research on a wide range of topics for a variety of projects. Must be a strong researcher who can juggle multiple projects. A successful candidate will have the ability to come up with various angles of approaching the task of analyzing and digging for information, with a relentless determination to uncover all that is possible to discover.
- Manage ongoing research projects, with a specific focus on advocacy/opposition research.
- Draft op-eds, blogs, video scripts.
- Assist staff with copy editing or brainstorming.
- Ability to conduct advocacy/opposition research projects from beginning to end, including mapping out research roadmaps, creating summaries of findings, and transforming research into actionable products.
- Organizational and Project Management skills; ability to multitask; to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills: comfortable speaking with stakeholders, brainstorming creative ideas that may be outside the realm of research.
- Written and verbal communication skills; proofreading, editing, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability; resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently.
Ways to Stand Out
- A background in public relations or politics.
- Experience using proprietary research databases like LexisNexis.
- Experience submitting records requests, including knowing what information to request, how to acquire it, and how to analyze the records once acquired.
- Knowledge of navigating FEC and state databases for contributions.
- Firm understanding of the current political landscape.